There is something powerful about putting pen to paper (or hands to the keyboard?) and writing out goals. Ever since I started college, I have done this, and even when I forget about my list, if I take a peek back at them, it’s amazing to see just how much I have accomplished.
First I want to go over my goals for 2017 and give you an update on how they all went!
- Save 5 months of rent….. Why kid myself
- Get healthy and happy with my body – Healthy: debatable. Happy with my body: Getting there 🙂
- Only surround myself with people that add value to my life – Yes! So thankful for my friends. I’ve learned to keep my circle small, and I have been blessed by that.
- Cut off negative relationships – Started off 2017 doing okay at this! Slipped a little bit but I’m happy to report that in the last 30 days, I have done a lot of “cleaning out”
- Publish at least one article a week – Well I failed miserably at that. Working on finding a posting schedule that is realistic and feasible for me!
- Land an NYC internship for the summer – Oh boy! I am so proud of that and thankful for all of the opportunities I was able to take advantage of this summer. God is SO good.
- Made my bed every morning – mmmm nope!
- Eat vegan as often as possible – Hey, a girl’s gotta eat, ya feel? I do pretty good at this but if you put a medium rare steak or some chicken in front of me, I’m going to eat it!
- Hit 10K followers on Instagram – I have all of Y’ALL to thank for this one! I finished the year with 16.3K! So unbelievably thankful.
- Start a Pandora bracelet for myself – This one I did not do, but I’m okay with it!
So I didn’t get all of them, but I’d say I did alright! Of course I have more than 10 goals for 2018, and some of them are staying under wraps, but here is a list of upcoming goals that I’m excited to share with you.
- Pay off one student loan! If you’re a student, you understand my struggle. Before I graduate, I want to have one of them paid off though! I’d like to be able to pay it off with a credit card (and of course pay that off as well) so I can start to build credit.
- Start building credit! I am making a big move in December, and because of that, I really need to be building a strong credit score.
- Move to Manhattan! I can’t wait. As soon as the ball dropped and everyone was cheering because it became 2018, I immediately began crying and couldn’t stop for almost an hour because I am so so excited for this!
- Complete another internship in Manhattan. I was supposed to graduate in May, but God’s timing is different than my own. Now that I’m not graduating until December, I have another summer to complete a 5th internship! I have my eyes on a company that I can’t wait to pursue.
- Establish a sustainable posting schedule. I want input from you on this one! Writing and photoshoots take a lot of time, but I want to invest in this so I can give you want you want. Last year I said once a week, so I think I’ll strive for that again this year, and give myself some bonus points for posting more than that?
- Collaborate with 10 of the brands on my dream list! I have a secret list of brands I really want to work with and it would be incredible to see at least 10 of those happen!
- Hit 35K followers on Instagram. I’m more concerned about building a community than just numbers, but I wonder if it can double this year?
- Reach my goal income each month. With my move coming up, I really want to be able to hit a minimum income each month for my savings. I’m ready to work hard!
- Make Straight A’s! I earned a spot on The Chancellor’s List for good grades this semester, and that really gave me a lot of motivation to strive for that again in the coming semesters.
- Donate/Sell half of my closet. This one makes me nervous, but I just have so many things I never wear anymore. A lot of stuff still have tags on them from months/years ago, so I just need to do a big purge throughout the year.
What do you think? I’m super excited to see what the Lord allows me to accomplish this year, and look forward to having you follow along with me. Here’s to a healthy, happy, and successful 2018!